Re: Database mismatch

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2001 23:56:03 -0500

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, harrisr_at_bignet.net wrote:

>> svrmgrl is exactly that on win2K and I think it was the same
>> name on NT.  It is a command line interface just like the UNIX
>> utility.  sqlplus runs in a shell window just like UNIX as
>> well. (On NT it was plus80).
>>

> I guess my memory is misbehaving (hardly an uncommon
> occurrence, I fear). I could have sworn the utility was called
> SVRMGR23.EXE with Oracle 7 and SVRMGR30.EXE with Oracle 8, for
> both NT and Win2K.
>
> Sorry for the error, everyone.

No need to be sorry because I was talking from an 8i perspective. I do believe you are correct and also that I mistated my perspective. Let me try again with your correction about srvmrgl on 8i as well as 8.0 and a question.

I will submit this to the CoopFAQ on behalf of the group when we get the list correct. I will also come back later and add executables.

FOR BOTH NT AND 2000
Version DBA SQL

8i       svrmgrl        sqlplus
8.x      svrmgr30.exe   plus80
7.x      svrmgr23.exe   ???

I checked google on behalf of Randy, and his memory looks quite good. :-)

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.