Re: Who's internal ?

From: Randy <harrisr_at_bignet.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:28:17 -0400

Oracle uses a different authentication mechanism on Unix from NT. On NT (and W2K) it uses a db password for the connect internal. On Unix systems Oracle's acceptance of the connect internal command is controlled by the users membership in the dba group at the OS level. The dba group is normally dba, but does not need to be.

HTH
Randy Harris