Who's internal ?

From: Joanes Timoteo <joao_tomaz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 00:35:57 +0100

Hi !

I can't figure out why I can connect with internal without supllying a password. Shouldn't the correct behavior be to ask me for a password. Well it doesn't... i just type: connect internal , and that's it, I'm connected as SYS.

Strange... I'm using Oracle 8.1.6 , and I remember there where times when I had to give a password in order to connect. I have the init parameter REMOTE_LOGIN = exclusive ( if this has anything to do with it )  I have a password file , and it seems to be in the right directory.. so shouldn't it be used ?

Thanx in advance

K.P.Proiska Received on Fri Aug 31 2001 - 18:35:57 CDT