nls_date_format in initSID.ora

From: <simon.pospisil_at_fastsearch.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:58:45 +0100

Hello, I've tried changing the nls_date_format variable from: nls_date_format = DD-MON-YYYY
nls_date_format = YYYY-MM-DD

Then I restart the database but it will only use the old format, the new

format has not been recognised. I'm editing the initSID.ora file where SID is the sid of the database in question. Is that right? However, if  I alter the format within a session then it works fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Simon.

--

Simon Pospisil                          Mail:  simon.pospisil_at_fastsearch.com
Web Programmer                          Web:   http://www.fastsearch.com/

Try FAST Search: http://www.alltheweb.com
Try: www.megasoccer.com
Try: www.fa-premier.com