user defined aggregate functions

From: Felix Naumann <felixnaumann_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2001 17:29:26 -0700

Hi,

is it possible to create user defined aggregate functions?

Just to clarify and point out the difference to other posting in this group:
- I do not mean scalar functions that do aggregation.

For instance, I would like to submit a query

SELECT isbn, RANDOM(title)
FROM books
GROUP BY isbn

where RANDOM() returns a random title for each group of books.

or

SELECT title, CONCAT(description)
FROM books
GROUP BY title

where CONCAT() concatenates all descriptions into one long description.

Thanks for your help,
Felix Received on Wed Aug 29 2001 - 19:29:26 CDT