Re: Difference between "SELECT *" and "SELECT COLUMN1, ..., COLUMNN"

From: Brian Ross <brian.ross_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:41:54 -0500

> The LONG is the problem..
> I think that ,because here is no way to determine the size of the LONG ,
any attempt to retrieve something AFTER the LONG
> will fail, because the parser won't know when the LONG ends and the next
field begins..

Is this something because of Oracle? or is this because of how I have my connection configured in ADO/ODBC? Is there anywhere I can find some sort of document explaining the relevant issues?

Thanks Received on Wed Aug 29 2001 - 12:41:54 CDT