Difference between "SELECT *" and "SELECT COLUMN1, ..., COLUMNN"

From: Brian Ross <brian.ross_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:11:29 -0500

Hi,

I was wondering what could cause differences between doing a "SELECT *" vs doing "SELECT COLUMN1, ..." (other than efficiency)

I am having a problem where if I execute a query using "SELECT *" I don't have any records returned even though I know there should be. If I change it to "SELECT COLUMN1, etc" the record is returned successfuly. There are no errors or warnings returned in the first case. What could be causing the first select to fail?

Thanks Received on Wed Aug 29 2001 - 10:11:29 CDT