Re: Where can I get the sqlldr program for the 8i client?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:06:19 +0200

"Steve Barker" <Sbarker_at_Hessel.com> wrote in message news:3B8BC481.3E2E1C20_at_Hessel.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am relatively new to Oracle, so I apologize if this question seems
> simple. We have Oracle 8 running on a Windows 2000 server. The client CD
> that came with it will not install on Windows 2000 Pro, or on Windows
> 98; it throws GP's every time I try to do so. So, I downloaded the 8i
> Enterprise manager from otn.oracle.com, since I was unable to find
> anything on that site that says simply "8i client". Anyway with the
> Enterprise manager installed it also installs client software, and I can
> connect to the Oracle server just fine.
>
> However, the sqlldr program is not included with the 8i Enterprise
> manager. Where can I get this program? If I copy it from a machine
> running NT and the 8 client, it does not work, it complains about
> missing DLL's and message files.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
>
> Steve Barker

sqlldr is part of the administrators client. It can not be obtained separately.
You should run a custom install using the installer and choose the Oracle Server Utilities option. This will install sqlldr.
If that doesn't resolve it, could you please specify *exactly* which version and which CD (for which platform ) doesn't install? I have a feeling 8.1.5 (desupported) is involved and 8.1.5 is simply not certified for win2k. Also WinNT and Win2k software doesn't run on win98, courtesy of Microsux. Generally speaking you should always include platform and version in *any* of your posts. Failure to do so could result in non-response or inaccurate answers.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 12:06:19 CDT