Re: alter table a move tablespace xy

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2001 06:49:46 -0700

In article <9mfgeh$604$1_at_fstgss02.tu-graz.ac.at>, "Martin says...

>Hi!
>
>I've got a problem with this Statment:
>
>alter table a move tablespace xy;
>
>I would like to change the default tablespace usr from table a to a new
>tablespace xy. I created the tablespace xy with Oracle Storage Manager,
>table a is not a partitioned.
>
>But the Error-message is: "keyword partition expectet" (this is my German to
>Englisch-Translation) ;-)
>
>What can i do?

Sounds like you are on 8.0:

scott_at_ORA806.WORLD> alter table emp move tablespace users; alter table emp move tablespace users

                     *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-14004: missing PARTITION keyword

ALTER TABLE MOVE is a new Oracle8i (8.1.5) and up feature only. That is the error you will get in 8.0 when you use this new syntax that was not supported in that release.