Re: 9i parallel always reboot

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:46:20 +1000

"a" <cfs3526_at_ureach.com> wrote in message news:Knqi7.601$Jm2.128729_at_typhoon1.gnilink.net...
> RAC is the same thing as parallel server, just different name in this
 sense.
> We have not bought support from oracle yet, because we like to see how it
> works.

As I say, you need to go and check your basics. RAC is NOT Parallel Server, works in a very different fashion, and if you are approaching it from the OPS perspective, likely you will fail.

It would also help if you could install a product you seem to misunderstand on a supported OS. Red Hat isn't a supported Linux distribution for 9i, yet.

HJR
> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
> > Oh -and incidentally, since 9i is only supported on SuSe Linux
 distributions
> > at the moment, I suspect that might be the source of your problems.
> >
> > Regards
> > HJR
> >

> > "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
> > > I don't wish to be entirely flippant, but since there is no such thing
 as
> > > Parallel Server in 9i, I worry about your grasp of basics. It's
 called
 Real