Help, Runtime contexts in Pro*c/c++

From: Ring0 <chenhp_at_hpsgnpa.sgp.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:51:43 +0800

Hi, Team,
I'm developing multi-threaded application with Pro*C/C++, and I'v got a multi-threaded sample from Oracle's proc develop documentation which introduce the basic flow as follow:

(1) sql_context <context_variable>
(2) EXEC SQL ENABLE THREADS
(3) EXEC SQL CONTEXT ALLOCATE :context_var
(4) EXEC SQL CONTEXT USE :context_var
(5) ...
(6) EXEC SQL CONTEXT FREE :context_var

Now, the question is that proc compiler report an error that can't find the declare (define) for the sql_context, and CONTEXT . (If don't use multi-thread, and comment all above context content, the compiler can pass).

I had searched the 'sql_context' and 'CONTEXT' keywords from the '/opt/oracle/public/8.0.5/precom/public/*' directory which include the all proc head files, but also can't find them.

It looks like that the thread-safe SQLLIB hasn't been installed?

Anyone can give me advice ?

Thanks a lot !

-tioman Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 23:51:43 CDT