Can I store encrypted data in char data type?

From: JerryK <jerryk_at_nospam.dotacrues.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2001 21:50:15 GMT

Hi,

I am storing an encrypted version of the user's password in a table. Can I store this is a character data type if the encrypted form contains non-printiable characters?

All I can guarantee about the string is that each character will have an ASCII value from 0 to 255.

jerry Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 16:50:15 CDT