**HELP** Accessing Oracle Database through Excel without Oracle 8i

From: Gary Dickinson <gd_at_interchange.ubc.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:23:30 -0700

Hello. I have a script that accesses data from an oracle database using SQL that is going to be used by people that don't have the oracle 8i client
software. However, they can connect to the oracle database I'm refering to. Is there a .dll file I can download or method I can use that allows me to do this? Here is the reference I'm using (VBA).

"Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};" & _

"Server=ec.van.as02;" & _
"Uid=user;" & _
"Pwd=password;"

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 10:23:30 CDT