Re: memory could not be read error

From: Stephan Born <stephan.born_at_beusen.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:01:55 +0200

Meppayil wrote:

> When I close an Oracle application I'm getting following error in my
> computer (NT4 SP6):
>
> Oracle SQL*Plus: PLUS80W.EXE - Application Error
>
> The instruction at "0x77f6754b" referenced memory at "0x01771e18". The
> memory could not be "read".
>
> Click on OK to terminate the application.
>
> Similar error pop-up when I tried to close Forms/Report builder applications
> too.

Hello!

We had the same problem and found following solution for our problem. Mazbe it is the same with you:

Look in c:\WINNT\ for a DLL newdotnet?_??.dll, where ??? indicate a version number.
If it does exist then read the following about this:

http://www.cexx.org/newnet.htm

Do NOT just delete this DLL but uninstall the program as it is described on this page.

We got this program with the Babylon translator.... Hope this will help you,

regards, Stephan

Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Stephan Born   | beusen Solutions GmbH
fon: +49 30 549932-0           | Landsberger Allee 366
fax: +49 30 549932-21          | 12681 Berlin
mailto:stephan.born_at_beusen.de  | Germany
       PGP-Key verfügbar       |      PGP-Key available