Re: Senior Oracle DBA available in London UK

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2001 15:33:31 -0700

Yes, there probably are (I used to work in UK, now in Australia), but note the "no agencies" bit. Agencies take a chunk of money for every hour you work just for arranging an interview. Think Used car dealers, real estate agents....

Anyway, a lot of big firms don't like to take on contractors (or permies) without going through an agency (it gives them a false sense of security), so you may have an uphill battle. If you want to be underhanded and do a little work, go to a job search web site and call up all the agencies advertising jobs, and when they tell you who the firm is say "Ah, sorry, another agency has already sent them my CV", then get on the phone to the HR department of the firm offering your services.