Re: Installing both Oracle 8i and SQL Server 2000

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2001 15:12:14 -0500

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, fredz_at_silversoftware.com wrote:

> Are there any issues I need to be aware of before both RDBMS's
> get installed onto the same machine?

None. Install them both, and then never turn SQLServer on. :-)

Seriously, I don't think there are any issues. Just make sure that they are installed in different directories, of course. And then make sure you have enough RAM for both of them.

They are just software, of which you already have many different software packages installed.

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.