Upgrading databases with wrapped PL/SQL

From: RHC <rclarence_at_juno.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:30:23 -0000

I have encountered a problem and want to know if anyone has encountered this problem or solved it. I have a SIGNIFICANT amount of PL/SQL wrapped code. Currently my company is supporting Oracle 8.0.6 , 8.1.6 and shortly 8.1.7. The problem is, when attempting to upgraded a db from 8.0.6 to 8.1.7, wrapped code apparently cannot be loaded correctly into the db. There is no problem going from 8.0.6 to 8.1.6 or from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7. Does anyone know if this is a known bug in Oracle or if there is a a way to go straight to 8.1.7 withough going through 8.1.6? All help is appreciated.

Regards,

RHC