Parallel Server On Compaq tru64 with NTFS

From: Chris Boyle <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:10:30 -0400

Hello folks,

We are preparing to go to a parallel server setup(Oracle 8.1.6) and our DBA asked me to look for any information I could find on the net about running it on a NTFS formatted disk vs. a RAW disk. Apparently Compaq TRU64 Unix will support it both ways. I thought I had read where RAW was much faster but I can't find that manual/white paper/message. I've searched through Metalink but didn't find anything about using NTFS. Is it possible? Is it worth doing? Any pointers to documentation or advice will be appreciated

Thanks,
Chris Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 13:10:30 CDT