Re: shutdown immediate or abort for cold-backup?

From: Randy <harrisr_at_bignet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:26:08 -0400

The Oracle documentation provides little detail, but does include this:

[quote]
Aborting an instance shuts down a database and yields the following results:

Current client SQL statements being processed by Oracle are immediately terminated.
Uncommitted transactions are not rolled back. [unquote]

I guess I would have less concern about shutdown abort if it forced the checkpoint immediately before aborting the instance.