Re: Tracking when a user logs in.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:45:11 +0200

"Brian Tkatch" <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK> wrote in message news:3b81641c.950308265_at_news.alt.net...
> I have a user in the database, that should not be logging in too
> often. There is no set time for the logins, but I'd like to track the
> logins and what queries are being run.
>
> Currently, I login and check that manually. I would like to automate a
> reporting, such as who, from where, logon time, logoff time, and
> possibly the queries.
>
> Does someone have a method to do this? If a trigger did this, what
> rights would it need?
>
> Brian

You are referring to the audit facility present in Oracle since the early days of v6
Just set init.ora's audit_trail to true
bounce the database
and start issuing audit statements.
Apart from the queries (you can audit them, but it will deteriorate performance) you can get all the info you require by issuing a simple audit connect

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 14:45:11 CDT