to_char statement

From: Nick Taylor <ntwysiwyg_at_dataskill.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:59:37 GMT

Hi

This looks like a problem to me unless I'm missing something.

In SQLPlus I'm trying the following:

SQL> select to_char(sysdate,'ddTH fmMonth YYYY HH24:MI:SS') from dual;

TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'DDTHFMMONTH

20th August 2001 15:47:4

SQL> The seconds lose the leading 0

Whereas without the fm I get:

SQL> select to_char(sysdate,'ddTH Month YYYY HH24:MI:SS') from dual;

TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'DDTHMONTHYY

20th August 2001 15:57:03

SQL> With the seconds shown as 03 which is what I want.

Oracle 8.1.6 on Linux

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

TIA Nick

--
Nick Taylor
Say No to Spammers - What You See Isn't What You Get to Email Me