Re: where's HELP in SQL PLus ?

From: C. R. Soza <crsoza_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2001 03:06:25 -0700

"Louise" <louise_mc_dowell_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3b7fa59b_1_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com>...
> Hello to all !!
>
> I may be wrong but some message in SQL plus says that one should type 'HELP'
> at the sql prompt of oracle's 8i sql plus - think that came up when I was
> typing in a wrong word.
>
> Following this I get the response that HELP is not accessible !!
>
> well ????
>
> Could someone please tell me what is wrong ?? Have I forgotten to install
> anything ?? I work on only one PC so I have only installed the 'enterprise'
> bit - no client - no programmer bits.
>
> There is an 'Oracle Manager for MTS Services' - but it is empty in the
> Oracle Administration Assistant - and I cannot 'add service' -?
>
> Unfortunately all the checkboxes on the oracle8i enterprise cd, that can be
> seen before intallation, are greyed out .... what does that supposed to
> mean??
>
> I would be really grateful for your advice !!
> If you could email me re the above ... that would be really nice :)!
>
> Louise

You need to install sql*plus help on the server. All the scripts are under $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin area.

sqlplus system/manager
@/disk01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/sqlplus/admin/help/helpbld.sql helpus.sql

after install connect to this database from sql*plus (from your pc if you wish) and type help [topic] Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 05:06:25 CDT