Re: Problems with interMedia Text "hanging".

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:10:53 +0100

You may find that one of your documents is itself corrupt. Of course find out which one would not be an easy task.

We also found that intermedia 8.1.7 would sometimes crash the entire database when indexing remote URLS which could not be contacted. We are therefore running that type of intermedia stuff on 8.1.6.3. This is a documented bug (but doesnt sound like your issue).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"js" <jspaldin_at_iglou.com> wrote in message news:3b7c4265_3_at_news.iglou.com...

> Your not alone...at my company we are running into the same thing and have
> opened a TAR with Oracle on the issue.
> We started with the issue on 8.1.5 and have taken it up to 8.1.7 patched
up.
> *Still same result...exactly what you described.
>
> It is still being worked..I'll keep you posted if I hear any updates.
Best
> of luck.
>
> jspalding_at_aegonusa.com
>

> John Peterson wrote in message ...
> >(Oracle 8.1.7.0.0, Enterprise Edition, on Windows 2000 Professional)
> >
> >Hello, all!
> >
> >I am having some trouble indexing a table with interMedia Text (IMT) and
am
> >completely out of ideas. I thought I'd turn here for some help. :-) (I
> >apologize for the extensive cross-posting, but I wasn't sure what forum
was
> >relevant to IMT.)
> >
> >I've got a relatively simple table that's roughly the equivalent of:
> >
> >CREATE TABLE Documents
> >(
> >DocId NUMBER NOT NULL,
> >DocType VARCHAR2(255) NOT NULL,
> >Document BLOB NOT NULL
> >);
> >
> >I've got about 130K+ records in this table, which are populated by
> documents
> >of varying formats (plain-text, HTML, Word, etc.). The sizes are
anywhere
> >from 10K to 100K (about 35K on average).
> >
> >When I try to create an IMT index on the table, using the following
> command:
> >
> >CREATE INDEX MySchema.CTX_Documents
> > ON MySchema.Documents(Document) INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT
> > PARAMETERS ('MEMORY 65536 FILTER CTXSYS.INSO_FILTER');
> >
> >The process seems to run fine for a while (say, an hour), then
inexplicably
> >"hangs". By "hang", I mean that there is no database activity, yet my
CPU