where's HELP in SQL PLus ?

From: Louise <louise_mc_dowell_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 12:39:07 +0100

Hello to all !!

I may be wrong but some message in SQL plus says that one should type 'HELP' at the sql prompt of oracle's 8i sql plus - think that came up when I was typing in a wrong word.

Following this I get the response that HELP is not accessible !!

well ????

Could someone please tell me what is wrong ?? Have I forgotten to install anything ?? I work on only one PC so I have only installed the 'enterprise' bit - no client - no programmer bits.

There is an 'Oracle Manager for MTS Services' - but it is empty in the Oracle Administration Assistant - and I cannot 'add service' -?

Unfortunately all the checkboxes on the oracle8i enterprise cd, that can be seen before installation, are greyed out .... what does that supposed to mean??

I would be really grateful for your advice !! If you could email me re the above ... that would be really nice :)!

Louise Received on Sun Aug 19 2001 - 06:39:07 CDT