Re: still cannot see data in tables - plz help

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 07:11:26 +0200

"Louise" <louise_mc_dowell_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3b7eb379_3_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...
> Hi all.

[snip]

> When starting up that application I get a message:
>
> java.sql.SQL.Exception: ORA-00942: Table or View not available
>

> When using SQL Plus I can see all the data in all tables!!
>
> the strange thing is that it must be somehow accessible as the boxes get
> filled ..... what have I done wrong .. or what have I missed???

You didn't create any private or public synonyms so now your selects need to read select * from tutor.foo, note the tutor. part.

> I am struggeling along all day now .... and do not get anywhere... your
help
> would be most appreciated !!!

If you would only stop to refuse reading manuals, you wouldn't have to struggle that hard.

> Louise

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sun Aug 19 2001 - 00:11:26 CDT