help on installing linux oracle 8.1.7 (release 3)

From: Kai Huang <khuang_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:20:21 -0400

Hi folks,

We bought a copy of Oracle 8i (release 3) 8.1.7 for linux from the computer score since CMU has a license for it. We set up all of the enviromental requirements. After that when we tried to install the software by typing "./runinstaller" in that CD, it seemed that the installation program just ceased at the JRE step and couldn't continue installing. It is supposed to have a welcome window coming up at the beginning of installing. We was thinking there may be some problem with the cd so we made a new copy. However, it still doesn't work. Does anyone has the same experience before? Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Kai Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 14:20:21 CDT