Re: Recover with RESETLOGS

From: John Darrah <john.darrah_at_usa.net>
Date: 17 Aug 2001 07:33:32 -0700

I seem to remember something in the Rama Velpuri Backup and Recovery book discussing recovery through resetlogs. Do you or does anyone else have this book available to confirm this? I can't find my copy anywhere and its been driving me crazy not to know one way or the other whether this type of recovery is possible. I thought the steps went something like this:
recover until blah,
open database resetlogs,
shutdown database,
replace current controlfile with a backup controlfile from before resetlogs was issued,
open database mount,
recover database using backup control file. I could having a false memory here but I remember reading about this somewhere and I thought it was that book.