Newbie with SQL Plus Password Problems

From: Stefanie Burnham <stefburn2_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 04:12:52 GMT

Ok, I've just installed Oracle 8.1.6 Internet on my computer. I did a custom install because I kept getting stuck when it was installing vt.jar.
Anyway, when I bring up SQL Plus, I try typing in as the user: System and as the password: Manager...get an error message. Try typing in other things nothing works.
I didn't get a prompt to build a username and password during install either. So, how do I create a password for SQL Plus. I have the Standard edition of Oracle 8i. I have it installed on Windows 98 Second editiion. I have 128 MB RAM.
9 Gb free.
650 MHz processor
Pentium III

Is there something that I am missing.

stef Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 23:12:52 CDT