Re: really silly questions, please help!

From: Tazl, Markus <markus_tazl_at_yahoo.de>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 07:10:04 -0700

Markus Tazl :

Hi

i used a Personal Edition of Oracle 7 on a Win95-based computer some years ago to learn about Oracle, SQL, Java, JDBC and all these things. If you just want to use it for this purpose it's okay, i think.

Just a moment, i'll try to find the book on my desk ... found it ! ;-) Let's see what the CD contains ... the Data Sheet says, that it contains "Personal Oracle8i for Windows 95/98 and Windows NT" and the following is recommended for work :

Intel 486 or higher
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 or higher
Microsoft Windows 95 or higher
32 MB RAM
(48 MB recommended if using replication) 85 MB hard disk space minimum
CD-ROM required for installation

So it should work on a Win98-Machine. If you are looking for additional information you should take a look at the "technet" at www.oracle.com. Membership is free and you can find plenty of infos, white papers, software and so on. Hope that helps.

Best regards
Markus Tazl