Re: Create Oracle table from Access97

From: GREGORY KNESER <gregoryk_at_futures.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 21:05:21 GMT

Does Access give you any error messages? Do you hit "Yes" when Access asks if you are sure that you want append the rows? Does the user that you are connecting to the Oracle database with have the permission to do an insert query?

I do what you describe below on a weekly if not daily basis and it works, so you can definitely do it.

Good luck,
Greg

Ken Nowinski (nowinski_at_telephonics.com) wrote:
: Is it possible to export an Access97 table to Oracle? I created the
: table in Oracle, a link to the Oracle table and then wrote an append
: query to populate it in Oracle. When query is run, no records get
: saved to the Oracle table. What must I do to make this work? All
: comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks!