Re: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

From: Holger Spangardt <Holger.Spangardt_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:02:16 +0200

Hi,

start the Server-Manager (svrmgrl) and shutdown the database. A normal shutdown might not work a "shutdown immediate" either. So a "shutdown abort" might be necessary. Usually a following "startup" should automatically all necessary recovery actions.
If not you should have al look at a recovery-book. A "startup nomount" and "alter database recover" or "recover database" may be necessary. But take care. This may destroy the database.

Hope this helps,

    Holger