Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.tools -> Re: Oracle 8.1.7 for Win2k: Problem during Database Configuration Assistant: ORA-03113: end of file on comm channel

Re: Oracle 8.1.7 for Win2k: Problem during Database Configuration Assistant: ORA-03113: end of file on comm channel

From: Claude Chaudron <cchdr_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:51:42 +0200

I am facing the same problem too. It happens in that case :

I have a 8.1.6 running on a W2K server machine, which is a domain controller too and I did not have any difficulties to configure the database.

I try to install a 8.1.7 on a W2K pro. This second machine is part of the domain and I am unable to create the database, who throws the ORA-03113 error. If I do NOT connect the machine to the domain, the configuration is OK. I have been passing a few hours to RTFM without reaching any solution to resolve it.

The name of the second machine is : SERV-ORA, it is connectd to the GEO2000 domain. The current user is SERV-ORA which is able to connect to GEO2000.

The global name is DEVELOP1.GEO2000 so I have the two parameters db_name = "DEVELOP1" and db_domain = "GEO2000" well configured before I start the CREATE DATABASE. According to the doc, that point is necessary but sufficient, so what's wrong ?

Did you encounter this problem using your server in a W2K domain ?

My network support is not treating my problem as a dysfunction, so what ? DNS ?

Any one's help welcome.
Thanks in advance,

Claude.