Re: setting up oracle with ADO

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:38:18 +0100

There are a choice of providers

  1. microsoft ODBC driver.
  2. Oracle ODBC driver
  3. oracle OLEDB driver.

all of these naturally have different provider strings.

In addition you'd need the drivers to be installed on the client along with a working oracle client.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

Legal disclaimer required by my employer
**
This email contains information intended for the addressee only.
 It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege.
Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this communication
without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited.
**