Re: SQL command to determine if DB is open

From: Andy Weiss <amw157_at_aol.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2001 07:17:11 -0700

> If I understand you correctly, how about using something like the v$instance
> view (described next)

I guess I should have been more specific. I need to do this from within a batch file. In other words, if the database is open, do these steps; if the database is not open, do these other steps.

I don't think v$instance will do the trick for me. I need a statement that returns to me a boolean or an integer that tells whether the result of the statement was true or false.

Andy Received on Wed Aug 08 2001 - 09:17:11 CDT