Re: ORA 12560: TNS: Protocol Adapter Error

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 13:50:58 -0500

In sounds like a failure to resolve the tnsnames.ora entry.. Try setting another environment variable: set TNS_ADMIN = ( full path to the subdirectory where tnsnames.ora is located - note the subd name not the file name itself) for instance:
set TNS_ADMIN = c:\Orant\network\admin

( does it make any difference if you use SqlPlus in Windows instead of a DOS box?)