Re: ./runInstaller doesn't install

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 17:39:08 +0200

> I would be very impressed if someone could furnish me with:
> a) a simple yes/no to the question: "Is it possible to get Oracle8i working
> on Red Hat 7.1 (as mine has fallen at the first hurdle)

a simple yes.

> b) a better list of the requirements, especially the java dependencies for
> the installation (./runInstaller)

Did you install all the compat* rpms? Next, do the following:

shell> export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
shell> /usr/i386-glibc21-linux/bin/i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh
shell> unset LANG
shell> ./runInstaller

> I have the aforementioned error "Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
> ../stage/Components/orcale.sws.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/jre."
> but the difference is that is just returns to the prompt since I installed
> JRE1.3.1
> Prior to that it just never came back to the prompt (and just sat in the
> task list).

You don't need to install JRE as Oracle comes with its own.

--
Knut Talman                                     Fon +49 30 72 62 01 411
dba_at_myToys.de                                   Fax +49 30 72 62 01 222