Oracle8i Personal: installed but user name and password unknown (newbie)

From: Karsten Wutzke <karsten.wutzke_at_starconcept.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:19:41 +0200

Hi all!

I have installed Oracle8i Personal on my computer. The only thing I want to do is to learn SQL for an exam. I have an SQL script to create the database we worked with.

OK. Now, having installed Oracle correctly, I launch sqlplusw.exe . Now I am asked for a user name, a password and a host string, which I don't know! I suspect I forgot something from the install... Do I have to reinstall or is there a default administrator account?

Please note that I'm a complete newbie to databases and especially Oracle (8i Personal). Any tips beyond my current problem are also appreciated...

Thanks for your help!

Karsten Received on Tue Aug 07 2001 - 04:19:41 CDT