Re: 8i will it run ubder WinMe?

From: Markus Schumann <go4shoe_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:10:16 GMT

Harry,

there is no support for that platform.

If you just want to get the DB to run and play around with OCI and SQLPlus ... you could do the following thing:

Install 8i on a windows 98 machine.
Copy the Oracle install directory to your ME machine (it has to be the exact same directory and drive).
Dump the Oracle registry keys on your 98 machine into a file. Load the registry keys on your ME machine. Add Oracle bin directory to your path on your ME machine.

If any of these steps sound not familiar or you need more than OCI and SQLPlus ... don't try it.

Markus.