Perl DBI/Oracle 8iR3 Cursor return variable

From: Andy Finkenstadt <kahuna_at_panix.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2001 15:31:08 -0400

Greetings,

I have not yet found a way to do what I do with OO4O on Windows, namely return a cursor variable through a Perl DBI/DBD::Oracle PL/SQL call, similar to:

  begin
    schema.package.procedure( parm => :parm, cursor_out => :cursor );   end;

where :parm is bound as in input parameter, and :cursor is bound as an out parameter.

Being able to use this technique from Perl, and by extension, under mod_perl, would allow me to write 100% of my business logic in the database where it belongs, and use mod_perl and ASP for the presentation and "glue code".

Thanks in advance,
andy

--
Andrew Finkenstadt (http://www.finkenstadt.com/andy/)

Your question was: Oh Oracle most wise, if knowledge is power, what's ignorance?
Thus spake the Oracle: Horsepower.