Re: Newbie: tracking table changes

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2001 15:07:35 -0700

talmeida_at_cityofsacramento.org (ted almeida) wrote in message news:<9b5778d6.0108030913.244aa1ac_at_posting.google.com>...
> We have a table, 'BILL_UNIT_ACCT', that has a lot of errors in it. We
> beleive the constraints were turned off and duplicate PK's were made.
> I think someone ran a script that added 2200 records just two days
> ago. I was off yesterday or I would have caught it and unfortunately
> our dba is on vacation.
>
> How can I track down who made the changes to the table and when?
>
> Thanks in advance!

If the package has been installed by your DBA use DBMS_LOGMNR. Once the log miner has been started you can query V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS and retrieve the username and other pertinent information for recent changes. Since this happened two days ago you'll also need to add the relevant archivelogs, if you have them. The documentation explains this package quite well.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Aug 03 2001 - 17:07:35 CDT