Document indexing

From: Peter H.M. Brooks <peter_Brooks_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 07:24:51 +0200

This is probably a very easy question! I would like to use the Oracle 'multi-media' capability. In particular I would like to load text documents into Oracle to index them so that keyword and wildcard searches can be made. I understand that this is possible, but, it isn't clear to me exactly how I define the type and what syntax is required for the INSERT command - a file name doesn't appear to be legal.

Is there a simple cookbook description of how to do this that I could look up somewhere?

Peter Received on Fri Aug 03 2001 - 00:24:51 CDT