Re: ORA-01012: not logged in

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 08:52:25 -0500

Versions of the database would help, as would more details about the code after the connect, but here is more detail on that particular error:

ORA-01012 ORA-01012not logged on

Cause:A host language program issued an ORACLE call (other than OLON or OLOGON) without being logged on to ORACLE. This can occur when a user process attempts to access the database after the instance it is connected to terminates, forcing the process to disconnect.

Action:Log on to ORACLE (by calling OLON or OLOGON) before issuing any ORACLE calls. When the instance has been restarted, retry the action.

hth