textserver/context/intemedia development history

From: bugbear <pwomack_at_engage.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2001 06:26:02 -0700

Does anyone know if Oracle wrote (or sub-contracted) the text search engine from scratch, or bought/licensed some pre-existing code?

I know Informix have Excalibur as a datablade, and Sybase has CIS'd Verity; I was wondering about the Oracle product.

        BugBear Received on Tue Jul 31 2001 - 08:26:02 CDT