Re: Where does the DBA sit?

From: Patrick Greville-Morris <patrick.greville-morris_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:22:26 +0200

I work as a consultant DBA and I generally work directly with the Infrastructure management as production databases are part of the infrastructure and IT departments are mostly internal support units. IT Departments ask DBAs for assistance and DBAs demand action from IT depts.

Generally we are part of the systems administration team and are located as such