Re: MSAccess and Oracle817

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Jul 2001 06:12:05 -0700

grab111_at_yahoo.com (Anton Berg) wrote in message news:<ce5e0898.0107292358.6490ec39_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> We use Access2000 for accessing an Oracle database (Oracle 8.1.7
> server and client, WindowsNT). On several machines there is a strange
> thing - decimal numbers are displayed without decimal part (this is
> only when using the native Oracle ODBC driver; with Microsoft ODBC
> driver numbers are displayed properly).
> Anybody faced such a problem? and how it can be cured?

My first instinct would be to check whether all the machines are set up in a standard American English configuration (i.e. '.' is the decimal point rather than ',', language is English, etc). If the machines were not all in this state, I would suspect that the NLS (National Language Settings) and the Windows system settings were conflicting on the buggy machines. Since the Microsoft driver uses just the Windows settings, it's generally immune from this sort of conflict.

If that's not the problem, my next suspicion would be a vague discrepancy between the version of the MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) on the machines and the version of the Oracle ODBC driver that's there. I'd suggest grabbing the latest MDAC from Microsoft <http://www.microsoft.com/data/> and the latest version of the Oracle driver from <http://otn.oracle.com> to see if that makes everything better.

Justin Cave Received on Mon Jul 30 2001 - 08:12:05 CDT