Re: OTN Downloads

From: Brian Peasey <bpeasey_at_------excite.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:20:59 GMT

Hi,

Last week I had a very slow connection from here in Canada. I was downloading one of the 9i manuals in pdf format. From past experience I noticed that the http link includes the substring 'east' or 'west' for their servers on the east/west coast. When is edited the http address (in MS Explorer's address bar) from 'East' to 'West' I had a dramatic increase in download speed. For example....
http://download-east.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/appdev.901/a89856.pd f

Hope this helps in some way.

Best Regards,
Brian Peasey