Re: Database connection from NT throught Novell to Oracle 7.3 at Unix ???

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Jul 2001 06:15:23 -0700

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_home.com> wrote in message news:<k5W87.415593$p33.8426905_at_news1.sttls1.wa.home.com>...
> You will need to have an Oracle client installed on your machine (no matter
> what database api you use e.g. ODBC, OCI, Oracle's OLE objects, JDBC ,
> etc.).

Nitpicky correction to an excellent post... I believe that the Oracle JDBC thin driver is designed to be loaded in a browser's JVM at run-time to make connections to the back-end database without having an Oracle client installed. With that exception, you're absolutely correct.

Justin Cave Received on Mon Jul 30 2001 - 08:15:23 CDT