Again a newbie who's begging for some help!

From: Vincent <adonai_at_wish.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:46:50 +0200

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to put a value of 2.03795089340019E+160 into a number field? At the moment the value is stored in an Access database double type field and I want to put the data into an Oracle database number type field but the query gives the error 'ORA-01426: numeric overflow'. For as far as I know there isn't another datatype available in Oracle. Am I wrong? Do I have to create an user defined type now? I don't have experience with that (but everything can be learned).

Thanks in advance,
Vincent Received on Thu Jul 26 2001 - 06:46:50 CDT