How to extract indiviual substring

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:50:23 -0400

As a newbie, I like to learn how to extract substring from a long string wiht some kind of sommon separator, ex "," or ";". for example I have a long string like - Name;123456;45.67 as an input variable, How do I extract the substring into an array as { Name, 1233456, 45.67} ? I have tried combine substr and lenght functions but no success. Can Any guru help me? Thanks.

C Chang Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 21:50:23 CDT