Re: Starting Oracle Management Server

From: <sandoval_at_brooklaw.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:30:16 -0000

Thanks for Responding:

I too have had great success with OMS on Solaris running on SUM boxes. Unfortunately, I am in Asia now in a country that makes it prohibitively expensive to import SUN equipment. Hence why I am trying to set things up on Intel boxes.

Are you running Solaris on Intel?

Thanks again.

Tony

Yaroslav Perventsev wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I successfully work with OMS on Solaris.
>

> Yaroslav.
> <sandoval_at_brooklaw.edu>
> :tlfgf6qvk029c1_at_corp.supernews.com...
> > Hi:
> >
> > I've installed OMS on Windows2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Server.
> > The installation was relatively painless and so was the setup.
 However,
> > I've tried starting OMS Service through Windows Services and received
 the
> > following error:
> >
> > "Could not start the Oracle81ManagementServer service on Local
 Computer.
> > The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows
> > error or an internal service error."
> >
> > Ihaven't had any luck starting it from the command line either and the
> > error I receive is that "The service did not report an error".
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on starting OMS on Windows 2000. If
 not,
> > has anyone had success with OMS on Linux, Solaris for Intel or Win NT
 4.0
 ?